|Term of Employment:||Part-time (mornings / afternoons / evenings – 20 to 25 hours per week); Term with opportunity for renewal|
|Remuneration:||$14.00 to $16.50 dependent on experience|
Brandon Literacy Council Inc. (BLC) is a not-for-profit charity which provides educational services to residents of Brandon and area. BLC is a literacy program as well as an adult learning center. BLC provides customized scheduling and individualized programming to all of our learners.
BLC is currently looking for a part-time Literacy Instructor. Consistent with BLC’s integrated delivery methodology, the successful candidate will work within a learning continuum model that includes basic literacy to senior years’ abilities in order to support all learners in BLC programs.
- Ability to participate as a team member in delivering and supporting literacy programming to adults
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize technology including Microsoft Office programs, internet, email and web-based applications
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with learners who are at various skill and ability levels
- An understanding of adult learning principles and factors affecting successful learning such as learning disabilities, mental health, etc.
- Experience working / teaching in an adult education environment and / or in a multi-cultural environment would be considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field would be considered an asset
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Check), child abuse registry check and adult abuse registry check, at their own expense, as part of employment.