EAL or Computer Literacy Instructor
|Position:||EAL or Computer Literacy Instructor|
|Term of Employment:||Part-time term with opportunity for renewal|
|Start Date:||April 18, 2022|
|Credentials:||High School Diploma|
|Starting Wage:||$14.00 / hour|
Brandon Literacy Council Inc. (BLC) is a not-for-profit registered charity which provides educational services to residents of Brandon and area. BLC is a literacy program as well as an adult learning centre. BLC provides customized scheduling and individualized programming to all learners.
BLC is currently looking for a part-time English as an Additional Language (EAL) or Computer Literacy Instructor to work in a multicultural adult education program. Consistent with BLC’s integrated delivery methodology, the successful candidate will work within a learning continuum model that includes basic literacy to senior years’ abilities to support all learners in BLC programs.
- Ability to participate as a team member in delivering and supporting literacy programming
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize technology including Microsoft Office programs, internet, email and web-based applications
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with learners who are at various skill and ability levels
- An understanding of adult learning principles and factors affecting successful learning such as learning disabilities, mental health, etc.
- Experience working / teaching in an adult education environment and / or in a multi-cultural environment would be considered an asset
For more information about Brandon Literacy Council Inc., visit www.blcbrandon.com.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 8, 2022.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that the selected candidate will be required to submit the following documents, at their own expense, prior to employment at BLC:
- Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Verification Check
- Child Abuse Registry Check
- Adult Abuse Registry Check