Literacy and Numeracy Programming
BLC can help you improve your reading, writing, math, and computer skills. You choose what skills you would like to improve. Assessments help determine the starting level that is best for you.
Please note that English as an Additional Language learners that are interested in Literacy Programming must be at a CLB Level 4 to register at BLC.
At this time, BLC does not offer English Language programming for those looking to learn English.
High School Courses
To better serve our community, BLC teachers are working hard to refresh the courses we offer. At this time the courses available are limited to those listed below. Please check back for update as we will be adding more courses soon!
We apologize for any convenience and look forward to providing our community with additional educational opportunities in the near future. In the meantime, if you are looking for a course that we don’t offer, please check out Assiniboine Community College Adult Collegiate for their course offerings or the learning centres listed below that offer online courses.
|Grade 10||Grade 11||Grade 12|
|English Language Arts|
|Biology 30S||ELA: Comprehensive Focus|
|Physical Education / Health Education 40F|
|Community Service SIP|
|Life / Work Transitioning|
|Credit for Employment|
- Courses currently not available, but under development include:
- 40S Essential Math (fall 2022)
- 30S and 40S Physics (fall 2022)
- 30S and 40S Chemistry (winter 2022)
- 40S Precalculus (spring 2023)
- 40S Applied (spring 2023)
- 20S Intro to Applied and Precalculus (spring 2023)
- 40S Canadian Law (spring 2023)
- 20S Essential Math (summer 2023)
- Intro to Calculus (summer 2023)
- Program delivery is offered in the following ways:
- Email (paperless delivery)
- Distance / Work from Home (paper packages)
Adult Learning Centres that Offer Online Courses
Adult learners residing anywhere in Manitoba interested in taking high school courses online, may reach out to the following Adult Learning Centres: