Brandon Literacy Council Inc. is committed to serving our learners to the best of our ability during this time of unease. Teachers and instructors will continue to:
- Support learners in-class as well as by telephone, email, and online
- Support goals as determined at intake
- Provide work packages (assignments)
- Monitor and assess progress
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
Brandon Literacy Council Inc. is firmly committed to ensuring our learners, employees, volunteers, board members and visitors are safe by doing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19. While no single protective measure can eliminate the risk of infection, BLC can reduce the level of risk from COVID-19 through multiple layers of protection. This includes the fundamentals of screening, mask use, hand hygiene, physical distancing, and staying home when sick. This layer of protection will now require learners, employees, volunteers, board members and visitors to provide proof of vaccination or undergo regular COVID-19 testing to enter the BLC facility.
Learners, employees, volunteers, board members and visitors who cannot provide proof of vaccination will be required to undergo COVID-19 testing and provide a negative test result once per week.
Brandon Literacy Council Inc. is firmly committed to ensuring our learners, employees, Learners may attend the classroom on a drop-in basis during In-Class Learning. Our Hours of Operation are as follows:
| 9:00 am|
| 9:00 am|
- Before entry to the classroom, learners will be asked to sanitize their hands and have their temperature taken with a non-contact thermometer; learners must pass the COVID-19 Screening Tool.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the classroom.
- Learners will be provided assigned seating, therefore at times seating may be limited. Learners are encouraged to call ahead before coming to the classroom to check seating availability and may make a temporary seating reservation at that time.
- There is a time limit of a maximum of one (1) to two (2) hours in the classroom per day depending on assigned seating availability.
Work Package Pick Up and Drop Off
The outside door to the BLC building is unlocked during operating hours (see above for hours). The inside front door into the classroom is locked. A blue cart is located between the doors for learners to pick up and drop off work packages. The cart is disinfected regularly.
- The top shelf of the blue cart has work packages, arranged in alphabetical order by the learners’ last name, for learners to pick up. Learners will be contacted when work packages are ready to be picked up.
- The middle shelf is for learners to drop off work packages. Learners should put their first and last name on each assignment as well as the date and the name of their teacher/instructor.
IF YOU FEEL ILL, STAY HOME.
If your symptoms are characteristic of COVID-19, contact Health Links – Info Santé (204-788-8200 or toll-free at 1-888-315-9257) for further direction.
Below are some additional websites with significant information: